Schedule your Appointment with Best Neurosurgeon in Amritsar
Are you seeking the Best Neurosurgeon in Amritsar? Look no further than Dr Shikhil Uppal, a renowned expert in the field of neurosurgery. The doctor has great experience and also holds a track record of successful surgeries. At Uppal Hospital, the doctor and his team always ensure that the patients receive the highest quality care as well as personalised treatment. In this blog, we will dive deeper and know their achievements and qualifications including his specialisation in the field of neurosurgery.
About Dr. Shikhil Uppal: Best Neuro Doctor in Amritsar
Dr. Shikhil Uppal is one of the leading neurosurgeons and stands out as a prominent figure, earning recognition as the Best Neuro Doctor in Amritsar. He has established himself as a top-tier neuro specialist who is widely known for his exceptional skills and commitment to patient care. The doctor handles complex cases very patiently and guarantees a high success rate.
Qualifications & Specialisations of the Doctor:
- Dr Shikhil Uppal possesses exceptional qualifications and specialised training in the field of neurosurgery.
- He completed his post-graduation in MCh Neurosurgery from SRMC (Sri Ramachandra Medical College) in Chennai.
- Moreover, his specialisation in neurosurgery equips him with the expertise to diagnose and treat a wide range of neurological conditions, including brain and spinal disorders.
Neurosurgical Services Offered by Uppal Hospital
The doctors at Uppal Hospital offer a wide range of neurosurgical treatments to address and cure various neurological conditions. Some of the conditions that are treated by neurosurgical procedures include:
- Head Injury: Neurosurgery is involved in the management of severe head injuries, including the evacuation of intracranial hematomas, skull fracture repairs and addressing traumatic brain injuries.
- Brain Tumours: Neurosurgeons play a critical role in the surgical removal or biopsy of brain tumours. They work in collaboration with oncologists and radiation therapists to develop comprehensive treatment plans.
- Parkinson’s Disease (Surgical/Non-Surgical): In some cases of Parkinson’s disease, neurosurgery may be recommended. Procedures such as deep brain stimulation (DBS) can be performed to alleviate symptoms and improve motor function.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Neurosurgeons are involved in the management of traumatic spinal cord injuries, including stabilisation of the spine, decompression of the spinal cord, and repair of spinal fractures.
- Spinal Tumours: Neurosurgery plays a crucial role in the removal and treatment of tumours affecting the spinal cord or surrounding structures. This may involve tumour resection, decompression and stabilisation of the spine.
- Epidural Abscess: It is a collection of pus around the spinal cord that can be treated with surgical drainage and debridement.
- Deformity Correction: Neurosurgery can be involved in correcting spinal deformities, such as scoliosis or kyphosis. Surgical procedures aim to realign the spine and restore normal curvature.
- CV Junction Pathology: Neurosurgeons may address pathological conditions affecting the craniovertebral junction, including abnormalities of the skull base, upper cervical spine and the junction between the skull and spine.
- Aneurysm Coiling: It is a minimally invasive procedure used to treat a cerebral aneurysm, which is a bulge in a blood vessel in the brain. During the procedure, a tiny coil is inserted into the aneurysm to promote blood clotting and prevent rupture.
- Carotid Stenting: Carotid stenting is a procedure used to treat a blockage in the carotid arteries, which are the major blood vessels in the neck that supply blood to the brain. It involves inserting a stent (a small mesh tube) to open up the blocked artery and restore normal blood flow to the brain.
- Thrombosis for Stroke: It refers to the formation of a blood clot within a blood vessel. The treatment involves using medications or procedures to dissolve or remove a blood clot that is blocking a blood vessel in the brain, restoring blood flow and minimising damage caused by the stroke.
Additionally, the neurosurgeons of the Uppal Hospital patiently deal with serious conditions like AVM and AVF.
- AVM (Arteriovenous Malformation): AVM is an abnormal tangle of blood vessels in the brain or spinal cord that can disrupt normal blood flow and may increase the risk of bleeding or other neurological complications. Also, it is a congenital condition, meaning it is present at birth.
- AVF (Arteriovenous Fistula): AVF is an abnormal connection or passageway between an artery and a vein in the brain or spinal cord that can disrupt normal blood flow and may require treatment to prevent complications.
Reasons To Choose Best Neurologist in Amritsar
A neurologist is a doctor who specialises in the branch of neurology and treats disorders that mainly affect the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not provide surgical treatment but if necessary for the patient, they refer the best neurosurgeon to start the further procedure. Here are some of the reasons to choose or consult a neurologist:
- Accurate Diagnosis:
These neurologists possess advanced diagnostic skills and access to state-of-the-art diagnostic technologies, allowing for precise and accurate diagnoses.
- Advanced Treatment Options:
These neuro experts often stay updated with the latest advancements in neurological treatments and offer access to advanced treatment options, including innovative therapies, cutting-edge procedures and clinical trials.
- Personalised Care:
The specialists take the time to listen, understand individual concerns and develop customised treatment plans tailored to each patient’s specific needs and goals. If the patient requires any surgical treatment, then they refer the best neurosurgeon to them.
- Trust and Confidence:
By consulting the Best Neurologist in Amritsar, patients can have confidence in the expertise, knowledge and experience of the doctor, leading to a sense of trust and reassurance throughout their treatment journey.
- Improved Quality of Life:
Moreover, consulting the best neurologist in Amritsar can significantly improve a patient’s quality of life by effectively managing neurological conditions, reducing symptoms, preventing complications and enhancing overall well-being.
Advance Neurosurgery Suit Facilities at Uppal Hospital
At Uppal Hospital, the expert doctors offer cutting-edge neurosurgery facilities and advanced technologies to ensure their patients receive top-notch treatment that will result in a speedy recovery.
1. Neuro Navigation:
- It mainly refers to a range of advanced imaging and computer-assisted technologies that are used to map out the brain’s structures, plan surgical approaches and guide surgical instruments with enhanced accuracy.
- Neuro Navigation systems utilise preoperative imaging data, such as MRI or CT scans, to create 3D models of the patient’s brain.
2. Neuro Cath Lab:
- In the Neuro Cath Lab, medical professionals perform procedures such as cerebral angiography, endovascular coiling for aneurysms, carotid angioplasty and stenting, thrombectomy for stroke treatment and embolisation for blocking abnormal blood vessels.
3. Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator:
- It is an advanced medical device used in various surgical procedures, particularly in neurosurgery and other delicate surgeries.
- Also, this technology utilises ultrasonic vibrations to break down and remove brain tumours, providing surgeons with a precise and effective tool for tissue removal.
4. Fluorescence Dye:
- This dye is used in neurosurgery to improve the visualisation and identification of specific structures such as brain tumours or affected tissues during the surgical procedure.
- During the surgery, the surgeon uses a special fluorescence microscope or a neurosurgical microscope equipped with fluorescence imaging capabilities.
- When the surgeon shines a particular wavelength of light onto the surgical area, the dye-bound tumour cells or structures emit fluorescence, making them stand out from the surrounding healthy tissue. Thus, making it easy for the doctor to perform surgery.
5. Compatible Neuro Microscope:
- A compatible neuro microscope is a highly specialised surgical microscope that allows the surgeon to view intricate details of the brain and nerves, essential for performing delicate procedures.
- It is designed to provide high-quality, high-resolution images of the brain and nervous system structures during surgery.
6. Tractography for Tumours:
- Tractography is a specialised imaging technique used to map the neural pathways (tracts) in the brain, particularly the white matter fibre tracts.
- This mapping is particularly valuable when dealing with brain tumours located near critical neural pathways.
Overall, these advanced techniques and technologies play a vital role in modern neurosurgery by enhancing visualisation, precision and safety during complex procedures.
We understand that struggling with risky neuro conditions and diseases is very tough. But with the help of the Best Neurosurgeon in Amritsar, everything can be resolved and the patient can lead an improved quality of life. At Uppal Hospital, the team of neurosurgeons and neurologists are very supportive and provide compassionate care to every patient. If you feel any risky symptoms or intolerable conditions then book your appointment today through the link https://uppalneurohospital.com/book-appointment/.
Ques: How do I choose a good neurosurgeon?
Ans: You can choose a good neurosurgeon by checking their online reviews, referrals and treatment support. Moreover, you must always consult a doctor who is an expert in handling complex cases.
Ques: What is the advantage of neurosurgeons?
Ans: There are various advantages of neurosurgeons such as these specialists are highly experienced, handle a variety of complex cases and are often considered prominent figures in the field of neurosurgery.
Ques: What is the speciality of a neurosurgeon?
Ans: The speciality of neurosurgeons is executing diagnosis, treatment and surgical management of conditions affecting the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves.